29, Italian. This blog is meant for escapism, so expect little seriousness and lots of literature, shows and music appreciation.
It will mostly feature:
A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones,
I'm inept at making graphics, but I do love meta and character discussion.
This is not a spoiler free blog.
“My cousin Helen, who is in her 90s now, was in the Warsaw ghetto during World War II. She and a bunch of the girls in the ghetto had to do sewing each day. And if you were found with a book, it was an automatic death penalty. She had gotten hold of a copy of ‘Gone With the Wind’, and she would take three or four hours out of her sleeping time each night to read. And then, during the hour or so when they were sewing the next day, she would tell them all the story. These girls were risking certain death for a story. And when she told me that story herself, it actually made what I do feel more important. Because giving people stories is not a luxury. It’s actually one of the things that you live and die for.”
Neil Gaiman (via jaynestown)
(Source: lupanthropy, via thedoctorlovesriversong)
1/1004 older »
“There was a a line in a recent episode of the show where, he’s not even present, but two people are talking about him and someone says ‘Well, no one trusts Littlefinger’ and ‘Littlefinger has no friends.’ And that’s true of television show Littlefinger, but it’s certainly not true of book Littlefinger. Book Littlefinger, in the book, everybody trusts him. Everybody trusts him because he seems powerless, and he’s very friendly, and he’s very helpful. /…/ But of course there’s the Machiavellian thing.” - GRRM [x]
show!littlefinger is going to be so great at teaching Sansa The Game amirite
- "Sansa, you must grow a moustache and stand in the background smiling evilly at public events.”
- "Make sure you sass your allies at every turn, preferably referring to their secrets in public. Like continuing incestuous relations they’ve tried to hide for years that could threaten their public opinion."
- "Enemies or frenemies. There is no middle ground."
- "Wear dark clothes so a) no one will notice you’re there or b) it will serve to make you look more evil and suspicious."
- "If there are other game players and people of high authority around, gloat. Make sure everyone knows you’re better than them at all times."
- "Practise your best Batman voice impression while rehearsing monologues about Being Evil. Refer to ‘chaos’ as much as possible for emphasis."